Spring has sprung, get your garden blooming!
The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and it's time to revive your garden from the winter hibernation. While many homeowners spend weeks spring cleaning the interior of their home, the yard and garden are often forgotten about. This year, breathe life into your garden by bringing out the best in the landscape, lawn, and spring flowers!Whether you're the gardener of the year on your block or not quite the horticulturist that you thought you were, fear not! Use these tips to get your garden in tip-top shape and looking its best for springtime!For the yard
For planting spring flowers
- Remove dead, damaged, and diseased branches from woody plants to get your trees and shrubs healthy again!
- Clear your garden of any debris that winter may have brought along.
- Mow your lawn to keep it looking freshly manicured.
- Weed your garden (a little bit at a time if necessary ' it can get tedious!)
- Fertilize your garden with coffee grounds.
- Add mulch in addition to fertilizers and organic materials.
- Select bulbs which are plump and firm. Avoid those which are soft and on the small side.
- Choose the right spot (sunny patch of well-drained soil).
- Plant egg shells along with vegetables to avoid €œblossom end rot €.
- Place the bulb pointy side up!
- Give them a good water and cover with quality soil.
- Some recommendations for spring plants are pansies, lettuce, peas, arugula, lilacs, and tulips.
Now that your home is looking spring ready, be sure to protected it inside and out! Contact
Humble & Davenport Insurance in Renton, Washington for all of your homeowners
insurance needs today.