Heading out into the wild to enjoy a camping trip is one of the best parts of summer. While popping up your tent, it is important to make sure that you know how to stay safe during your vacation. Keep these summer camping safety tips in mind to fully enjoy the great outdoors.
- Never travel alone ' always take a buddy with you while going camping. You do not want to find yourself alone if you have an emergency out in the wild. You should also give a friend or family member a copy of your itinerary that includes when you will be returning so that they will know to call for help if you are not back in time.
- Pack a first aid kit ' while you are out in the wild, you never know what you may encounter. Bringing a first aid kit will help to make sure that you have everything that you need in case you are injured while you are enjoying your trip.
- Inspect you site ' before you set up your tent, survey the area to find the perfect spot to make your home away from home. Level surfaces will be best to set up all of your gear, while trees or shrubs on the side of prevailing winds can help to block you from unexpected gusts.
- Stay with your fire ' never leave your campfire unattended, even for a minute. Keep all flammable items away from the fire pit, including any extra wood or kindling to prevent the fire from spreading.
- Check the weather ' before you head out, check the weather forecast. If there is any inclement weather, consider rescheduling your trip for when the weather clears up again.
All of us at Humble & Davenport Insurance
in Renton, Washington would like to remind you to keep these camping safety tips in mind when you start planning for your next camping trip.