Summer means that more and more people are hopping on their motorcycle to enjoy the warm weather. While motorcycles are one of the best ways to get to destination while also enjoying the sights, they can also be very dangerous. Whether you are on your bike or in a car, it is important to do your part to help keep the roads safe for all drivers.Keeping a few safety tips in mind can help to ensure that you are not involved in an accident with a motorcycle rider this summer. Consider these motorcycle safety tips in mind whenever you head out on the road this season.
- When you are driving behind a motorcycle, increase your following distance to give yourself more time to stop. When you are on a motorcycle, you should also increase your following distance so that you have time to react to any road conditions ahead.
- When you are turning left at an intersection, pay extra attention and look out for motorcycle riders. Motorcycles are very easy to overlook while you are turning.
- Never try to drive alongside a motorcycle in the same lane. If a motorcycle is splitting lanes, try to move over to the side as much as possible to give them more room.
- Do not ride your motorcycle during bad weather conditions. Bad weather can be much more dangerous while you are on a bike than when you are in a car.
- Always use your turn signals, even when you are changing lanes, no matter if you are in a car or on a motorcycle.
Having the right motorcycle insurance policy can help to ensure that you are covered in case of any disaster on the road. Contact
the insurance professionals at Humble & Davenport Insurance in Renton, Washington for all your motorcycle coverage needs.