Take the time to ensure you have the right auto insurance in Renton before heading out in adverse weather.
With the winter comes rain and wind, making driving conditions particularly hazardous for motorists ' even the most experienced ones! This season, make sure that you have adopted safe driving habits, know how to handle the adverse weather, and that you have the correct auto insurance in Renton in place.Use these tips to stay safe on the roads throughout the winter season:Strong Wind:
- Anticipate gusts ' Take special care when driving through areas prone to strong winds or when weather reports warn the area of severe weather.
- Notice larger vehicles ' Be aware of large vehicles on the road, such as tractor-trailers and recreational vehicles. They are more susceptible to high winds and many have difficulties staying in their lanes.
- Stay strong on the wheel ' Keep both hands on the wheel, just incase the wind begins to move your vehicle, especially if you're driving a large vehicle or towing trailer.
- Slow down ' Slowing down is the only way to keep your car from hydroplaning. When your wheels aren't touching the road surface because of the flooded road, you'll know about it. Also remember that one of the most dangerous times to drive is soon after it begins to rain when the oils on the road make the surface slick.
- Switch on your lights ' Turn on your headlights to help other vehicles see you, even if it's during the daytime!
- Leave more room in front of you ' Add a couple of extra seconds of following time in the rain. As the rain on the road increases your stopping distance, you'll need to leave more room in front of you and the vehicle ahead.
Along with these safety precautions, be sure to talk to your insurer to secure the right auto insurance
in Renton, Washington! Visit
Humble & Davenport Insurance for all of the correct coverage today.