Recycling is easier than ever ' check out top household items to always recycle.
The average person in the United States generates around 4.5 pounds of waste every single day
! Times that by 300 million and you can see why litter has become a serious problem in this country. Recycling saves valuable space in landfills as well as supplying resources to be used again. While every business and individual should be playing their part to go greener, homeowners should take note that these top household items to always recycle are often overlooked.
- Junk mail ' You can recycle most of the mail that comes into your home. Make it easier by placing a recycling bin next to where you store the incoming post. Even better, get your bills and account updates sent to via email.
- Books ' Donate or sell old books that you no longer read. You can also recycle books that have been destroyed.
- Ink cartridges ' Most printer ink cartridges contain toxic materials that do not belong in the trash. Instead of throwing them out, take them to your nearest Staples or Best Buy, where they will take your old ink cartridge for recycling.
- Disposable plates and cups ' Avoid these wasteful party supplies if you can. If you cannot, always recycle them! You can also shred them and put them underneath your mulch to provide nutrients for your plants.
- Household batteries ' The toxic material in batteries greatly contribute to pollution, especially when they break down in landfill sites. Many libraries and post offices now collect household batteries for recycling.
- Old TVs ' If you've recently updated your smaller TV to a shiny, new model, the old TV may be sitting in the garage, lifeless. Instead of dumping it in the bin, take it to your nearest e-waste center.
- The basics: bottles, cans, paper, plastic, cardboard! Always!
So that you have the necessary coverage for your home, contact Humble & Davenport Insurance, serving Renton, Washington. Give us a call
to get started!