Delicious Green Truffles for St. Patrick's Day Celebrating
When we think of St. Patrick's Day, the first color that springs to mind has got to be green. Whether you get into the spirit and start sipping on green smoothies and pick up green bagels or not, we have just the right treat to complete your festivities: dark chocolate truffles with matcha green tea. Not only is matcha green tea incredibly good for it, but it makes for a delicious and rich treat! Check out these easy-to-make truffles!Ingredients
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup optional
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 10 ounces dark chocolate 70% cocoa, finely chopped
- Black sesame seeds
- Toasted coconut
- In a heat-proof bowl, microwave the coconut milk, oil, maple syrup (if using) and matcha powder for 30 seconds, or until the coconut milk bubbles. Stir in the chocolate and place a bowl or lid over the top of the bowl to lock in the heat. Let rest for 5 minutes, then mix until smooth. If there are still chocolate lumps, zap for 10 more seconds in the microwave.
- Place the bowl in the fridge until the chocolate is firm, about 3 to 4 hours.
- Using a melon baller or teaspoon, portion the chocolate and roll in your hands to form smooth, round balls. The colder the chocolate is, the easier it will be to roll. Pop the bowl back in the fridge every 5 minutes if you need to.
- Arrange your toppings on separate plates and roll your balls in them, pressing to adhere. For the matcha, you can also just use a sift (looks prettier this way).
- Return to the fridge to firm up further, about 20 minutes. Or store them for later €”they last up to one week!
From the team at Humble & Davenport Insurance, we hope you enjoy this recipe and St. Patrick's Day! For all of your insurance needs in Renton and beyond, visit us