Whip Up These Family-Friendly Drink Recipes to Cool Your Summer
The summer is upon us, and that means that many of us have plans for backyard barbecues, family gatherings, and summer celebrations. If you are going to be hosting summer fun, take a look at these delicious family-friendly recipes that are the perfect refreshment.Homemade Strawberry LemonadeIngredients:
- 1 ½ cup strawberries
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- ¼ cup Agave Nectar
- 2 ½ cups cold water
- extra strawberries for garnish
Cranberry Raspberry PunchIngredients:
- In a blender, combine 1 ½ cup strawberries, juice of 2 lemons, and agave nectar. Blend on high until smooth about 2 minutes.
- Pour into a pitcher and whisk together with the cold water. Refrigerate until chilled about an hour.
- Serve with ice and garnish with strawberry. Enjoy!
- 1 12 oz. can frozen lemonade concentrate, slightly thawed
- 1 11.5 oz. can frozen cranberry juice concentrate, slightly thawed,
- 2 cups orange juice, chilled
- 6 cups raspberry sherbet, softened
- 2 liters ginger ale, chilled
Summer Melon SlushiesIngredients:
- Add 4 cups raspberry sherbet, lemonade and cranberry juice concentrates to your blender and process until smooth.
- Add orange juice and process until smooth. Add to a punch bowl and stir in ginger ale.
- Garnish with 1-2 scoops remaining sherbet and raspberries and cranberries if desired. Enjoy!
- 1 6-to 7-lb. watermelon
- Simple syrup (recipe, below)
- Zest of 2 limes
- Juice of 4 limes (about 1/2 cup total)
- Remove the skin and seeds from the melon; cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Make the simple syrup: In a small saucepan, combine 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, 1/4 cup water, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer (don't stir) until the sugar dissolves, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the flavorings (everything but the melon); let cool completely. Strain into a small bowl or measuring cup.
- In a blender, working in two batches, puree half the simple syrup mixture and half the melon until smooth. Strain into a metal loaf pan or square pan; repeat with remaining syrup and melon. Cover and freeze until set, about 8 hours.
- When ready to serve, using a fork, scrape the surface of the melon ice to create large flakes. Transfer to glasses, top with a splash of soda water, and serve with additional fruit, if desired.
Here's to delicious summer drinks! For all of your insurance needs this season, contact
the team at Humble & Davenport Insurance.