Delicious Spring Recipe
Spring has sprung and many of us are reaching for delicious and fresh seasonal ingredients. This vegetable paella is bursting with flavors and is the perfect spring dish to make when you are entertaining. Fragrant, saffron-infused paella rice is cooked with plenty of fresh vegetables that make the dish healthy, hearty, and delicious! Check out the recipe below.Ingredients
- 8.8 ounces asparagus
- 7 ounces carrot
- 7 ounces frozen fava beans
- 7 ounces broccoli
- 1 10.5-ounce jar chargrilled artichoke hearts in olive oil [10.5oz]
- 1 large onion
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups Bomba paella rice
- 3 1/2-4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 generous pinch saffron
- A dash of smoked paprika
- 2 preserved lemons, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- A large handful of parsley leaves, chopped
- Peel carrots and cut them into sticks (about 3/4-inch long).
- Cut asparagus into 1 1/2-inch chunks, having snapped off their tougher ends first. Cut broccoli florets into quarters.
- Heat some olive oil in a large skillet or paella pan. Add finely chopped onion and garlic. Cook until soft and golden. Add carrots, broccoli, asparagus, and fava beans. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add rice, paprika, saffron, and vegetable stock. Mix well. Simmer gently until stock is absorbed, making sure not to overcook the rice.
- When rice is cooked, add drained artichoke hearts cut in half plus preserved lemons. Add a dash of smoked paprika and chopped parsley leaves. Blend carefully. Season to taste.
- Serve straight away.
The team at Humble & Davenport Insurance hope that you enjoyed this spring recipe! For all of your insurance needs, contact us