This simple holiday recipe is sure to be a hit at your family dinner.
Spending time with your loved ones is what the holiday season is all about. Sitting around a dinner table with all of your friends and family can leave you wishing the holiday season would never end. Keep this easy holiday recipe in mind to enjoy with everyone you love.Pork Roast with Dried Fruit and Fresh Herbs
You will need:
- 1 cup dried figs
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 2 ½ cup dry red wine
- 3 sticks cinnamon
- 2 ½ tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ½ pound boneless pork loin roast
Then you will need to:
- Heat your oven to 500 degrees.
- Bring the wine, dried fruit, and cinnamon sticks to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat and allow to steep for 20 minutes. Drain the fruit and discard the cinnamon sticks.
- Toss the salt, rosemary, pepper, and garlic together and rub 2 tablespoons of the mixture on the inside of the roast. Layer with the steeped fruit and roll the roast up, tying with butcher's twine.
- Rub the outside of the roast with oil and the rest of the rosemary mixture. Place the roast on a roasting pan.
- Reduce your oven temperature to 325 degrees and roast until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 155 degrees or about 1 hour. Let the pork rest for 15 minutes before slicing and enjoy!
All of us at Humble & Davenport
in Renton, Washington would like to wish you and your family a happy and healthy holiday season!